ROYAL ENGINEERS RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
1. The Royal Engineers Rugby Football Club’s (RERFC) Data Controller is the Royal Engineers’ (RE). The Royal Engineers Data Protection Manager (DPM) address is:
Data Protection Manager
HQRE Brompton Barracks
3. The RERFC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You may be required to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or when completing paperwork downloaded via the website, when this is necessary you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
4. We may collect the following information:
Number, rank, name, and Date of Birth.
Contact information including email address.
Playing position, clubs played for and what level.
Bank Card Details for processing of Army vs Navy tickets.
Lawful Basis for Possession
5. The lawful basis for our use and other processing of your personal information under DP Law.
6. This will include (as relevant):
Processing your personal information so that we may perform our obligations under a contract with you (“Your Contract” – Purchase of Army vs Navy tickets, etc);
Processing for legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, this is relevant when we use and process your personal data to deal with our internal governance obligations (Army vs Navy tickets etc); and in addition, / together with the processing condition described above (“Legitimate Interests”),
Your consent may also be a lawful reason for processing your personal data in certain cases (“Your Consent”). This means your freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent which may be collected from you, for instance: when you agree to receive communications from us.
You should be aware that you are entitled under DP Law to withdraw your consent where you have given it to us at any time. If you do this and if there is no alternative lawful reason for us to rely on to justify our use or other processing on your personal data, this may affect our ability to provide you with some of our services.
7. In summary, we need certain categories of personal data to provide you with our services. Certain other personal data is processed for our Legitimate Interests in cases where this does not result in prejudice to you. Certain other personal data is processed based on a consent.
8. We require this information to ensure Army vs Navy ticket orders are correctly processed and for the following reasons:
With your consent, we may periodically send emails about competitions and events which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
With your consent use this information to contact you to assist in the processing of ticket orders.
9. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in paper format.
11. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
13. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Links to other websites.
14. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where we store your personal data.
15. All information you provide to us is stored securely. We will not pass on your data to a third party without your consent.
16. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure and Control of your information.
17. The RERFC will never sell your personal information to third parties. Your personal information will never be distributed to third parties unless the RERFC is required by law to do so. With your prior consent the RERFC may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
18. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you write to:
The Secretary, Royal Engineers Rugby Football Club.
DEMS Trg Regt
St Georges Barracks
20. Your personal data will be deleted one months after the date of the annual Army vs Navy rugby match.
21. The criteria we use to determine data retention periods includes the following:
Retention in case of queries. We may retain it for a reasonable period (up to 6 months) after you have enquired about one of our products or services in case of follow up queries from you;
Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will consider whether we need to retain your personal data after the period described in above because of a legal or regulatory requirement. Some or all of these criteria may be relevant to retention of your personal data collected in connection with our products and services.
Corps and Unit Teams – Certain information collected will be used and retained to assist the Team managers with future delivery of the sport. At no stage will your DOB, email, addresses and telephone numbers be kept beyond the prescribed 12 months with the exception of Team managers whose details will be held for the period they hold that appointment and then destroyed on change of secretary/Team manager.
Army v Navy ticket customers – personal details held until one month after date of match.
If you would like further information about our data retention practices, please contact us.
Access to information.
22. You have several other rights in respect of your personal information under applicable DP Law. These include the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information and to have inaccurate information about you corrected.
Your rights under DP Law.
23. As well as the right to access the personal information we hold about you; you have several other rights in respect of your personal information under DP Law. These may include (as relevant):
the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information that we hold.
the right to rectification, including to require us to correct inaccurate personal data.
the right to request restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal data.
the right to request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it.
the right to data portability including to obtain personal data in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on your consent.
the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual; and
where you have an option to provide us with your personal data or not about your use of our website or about any of our products or services, you have the right to be informed about the possible consequences of not giving it to us.
the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent.
Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of your rights explained above in relation to your personal information.
Your right to complain to the data privacy supervising authority.
24. Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy you might have, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s Information Commissioner if you consider that we have infringed applicable data privacy laws when processing your personal data. In the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted using the following link: https://ico.org.uk/.
Changed to this Notice
25. We keep this Notice under regular review. We may change this Notice from time to time by updating this page to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Notice will be updated accordingly and we encourage you to check this from time to time for any updates or changes. Where you have provided us with your email address, we may also contact you to let you know that we have updated the Notice. We may also take that opportunity to ask you if you would like to update your marketing preferences.
26. This Notice does not extend to your use of, provision of data to and collection of data on any website not connected to us to which you may link to by using the hypertext links within our websites.